ADSM-L

3494: bulk i/o configuration size(s)

2001-10-11 19:03:59
Subject: 3494: bulk i/o configuration size(s)
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:00:47 -0700
We've finally order enough tapes to completely fill
the second frame (D12) that we received earlier this year.

We DO NOT have a convience station and so the IBM CE
re-configure our setup from 10 slots for output only that was
in the controller (1st) frame to 150 slots (one whole side)
in the newer, second (D12) frame.

He claimed that was the smallest he could configure it.

Is this correct?  Can't a bulk I/O area in a configuration
without a convience station be any size?  It seems excessive
to have 150 slots that have to sit empty all the time except
when we're checking out or checking in tapes.

thanks ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
         joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu
 (510)642-7638 (w)  (209)483-JOEF (M)
                             5633