ADSM-L

Re: Check for Process

2001-10-11 18:14:56
Subject: Re: Check for Process
From: Scotty Logan <swl AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:09:56 -0700
Or the shorter form:

        ps -ef| egrep '(dsm)serv' | wc -l

The (dsm)serv regular expression matches the "dsmserv" string in the ps entry
for dsmserv, but not the "(dsm)serv" string in the ps entry for egrep.

Either way, egrep or grep|grep -v grep is better than the plain grep | wc -l,
since grep doesn't always match itself (one of my systems it's about an 80% hit
rate; it depends on the number of processors, system load, etc.)

 Scotty

--
Scotty Logan <swl AT stanford DOT edu>
Scotty Logan <swl AT stanford DOT edu>