ADSM-L

Re: NT 4.0 Cluster Server

2001-10-11 12:37:38
Subject: Re: NT 4.0 Cluster Server
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:35:30 -0400
I installed the client (4.1 - nt) on to the cluster boxes (on c drive of
each node - not shared storage), the same way I would a non cluster server.

I then made sure that all services were set to manual.

I then entered into the Cluster Administrator and created a group called TSM
Backups. In this group I added each service allowing both nodes to use them.
After this was done I started the services in the cluster admin, and
depending on what node is active, it will start the services on him.

I also made sure that both opt files where using the virtual node name when
connecting to the TSM server.

I never used the command line to create the services, I uses the GUI wizard
in the client to achieve this.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group Limited