ADSM-L

TSM Server 4.2, is it compatable with TSM clients 3.7 and 3.1 ?

2001-10-10 04:14:57
Subject: TSM Server 4.2, is it compatable with TSM clients 3.7 and 3.1 ?
From: "Cross, Paul" <Paul.Cross AT CAPGEMINI.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:54:29 +0100
We're looking to upgrade our TSM Server from 3.7 to 4.2, before version 3.7
goes out of support by 31/10/01. Our TSM servers run on AIX 4.3.3.

Unfortunatly we have several AIX clients TSM client 3.1 (running on AIX
4.1.5) and due to historical reasons they can't upgrade their TSM client
3.1/AIX 4.1.5 for some while yet.

Yep I know, support issues all round.
Two questions :

1. If I upgrade our server to TMS 4.2, will TSM clients 3.7 and 3.1 still
work?

2. If not, will TSM Server 4.1 work with TSM clients 3.7 and 3.1, which may
help for the next few months until TSM 4.1 goes out of support?

cheers
Paul Cross

" This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message ".