ADSM-L

Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command

2001-10-09 16:31:49
Subject: Re: Windows equivalent to Unix 'touch' command
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:29:01 -0700
In a perl script, you could use the utime command.  I know perl is in the
WinNT reskit, so no additional perl distribution is necessary.

Actually, you may need a newer distribution or a newer reskit with a newer
distribution.  I was just testing the mini-script below when I found out
that utime isn't implemented in the perl distribution that's in my NT
reskit.  If perl is in the Win2K reskit, would anybody care to try it?

Alex

$filename="d:\\temp\\testfile";     # file to touch
$time=time + 3600;                  # 1 hour in the future
$rc=utime($time, $time, $filename);
print "$rc files touched\n";