ADSM-L

Archive using WEB GUI

2001-10-06 06:51:44
Subject: Archive using WEB GUI
From: Rizwan Mohammad <rizwan.m AT EMIRATES DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:31:10 +0400
When archiving using WEB GUI and overriding the default management class I
have come across that all the management class names are not displayed,
instead of there name the retention period is displayed e.g. Web GUI would
show 'mgmtclass name : xxxdays' but for a couple my mgmt it is showing '
:xxxdays'. If you select any one  of  this than the archive will go to the
default. Be aware of this as server will expire data according to the
default management class. This is happening for SUN Solaris clients. TSM
server level at my shop is 4.1.3 and the client level is also 4.1.3. If some
one has come across this problem and know the answer to this than please
advise. By the way on the command line and Client GUI the management classes
are displayed properly.

brgds
Mohammad Rizwan