ADSM-L

linux client backup of Windows vfat partition

2001-10-05 07:35:05
Subject: linux client backup of Windows vfat partition
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:30:50 +0100
Hi,

We have a client having problems backing up the Windows partition
with the Linux client.

Specifically; linux client is 4.1.2.99 ( the fixtest that cured the
'special' characters bug )
With the win partition mounted as type vfat the dsmerror.log fills with

ANS1228E Sending of object '/c/blah/blah' failed
ANS4037E File '/c/blah/blah' changed during processing.  File skipped.

Yet these files are not being accessed.

Can someone tell me if vfat is supported by the linux client and/or if
they have seen this before ?

A workaround has been to mount the partition readonly but I'm curious
if anyone else has seen this from their users.

Thanks
Ian Smith
Ian Smith             - HFS Backup / Archive Services
Ian Smith             - HFS Backup / Archive Services
Oxford University Computing Services, Oxford, England.