ADSM-L

AW: Has anyone with an os/390 server used striping for the lds fi les?

2001-10-05 02:49:24
Subject: AW: Has anyone with an os/390 server used striping for the lds fi les?
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:45:17 +0200
Hi,

since about 3 months we are using striping for all our vsam volumes of TSM
3.7.4.0 at OS/390 2.10. (storagepools, database, log)
We use the maximum size for TSM vsam datasets of 4 GB and spread each of
them over 16 volumes of type 3390 model 3,
some datasets are spread over model 9 disks. It seems that the response to
sql queries is about 30 % faster.
Restores from storagepools of large files show no limit of a single host
volume (when cache is exhausted).
(The disk are placed on an old RVA storage system of ESCON.)

With regards,
Stefan Holzwarth