ADSM-L

DRS query

2001-10-04 06:58:13
Subject: DRS query
From: Praveen Kumar <pavikumar AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:58:13 -0400

Hi all,

We are having TSM 4.X running on AIX box. Backup device is IBM Magstar 3570 tapeloader. We backup SAP database(Oracle) through this TSM Server.

Now we are in the process of implementing the DRS for our SAP setup. At our DRS site, we have SUN systems. We are planning to install TSM server on SUN box at DRS site.

My question is, if I take the TSM DB backup of TSM server which is running on AIX box, is it possible to restore this TSM DB backup on another TSM server which is running on SUN box. My purpose is to restore the SAP backup at DRS site. at Both sites Oracle Database is running on SUN box, but the TSM is on different platforms. Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen