ADSM-L

Re: Ask again.

2001-10-03 16:36:52
Subject: Re: Ask again.
From: Damon Taylor <zdmt11 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:19:09 -0500
You can do almost any dsmadmc or dsmc command in a script:
Example

dsmc -pass=password inc c:\bob

From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Ask again.
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:20:33 -0400

Good Morning,

I asked this question a bit earlier in the week and did not get much of a
response.  I am simply trying to do a "dsmc incr <directory>" on a server
and it
asks for a user id (interactively).  I am attempting to run this command as
part
of a scheduled job and have not been able to figure out how to pass it a
"return" in my unix script.  Do I have to pass a return in the script or
can I
set an option to avoid the user id request?

> Any ideas?

Sean