ADSM-L

Server out of data storage space

2001-10-03 10:16:33
Subject: Server out of data storage space
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:11:54 -0700
Hello all,
This morning I noticed a node still in session with the server, which just
finished after 9 hours. My first thought is that the switch setting has
changed because the NIC is still set to 100/Full. I need to have someone
check that, but I also found this.
A messag in the client log as follows:
10/03/2001 00:34:27 ANS1311E Server out of data storage space.
The log on the server has this message: 10/03/01 00:28:06 ANR0534W
Transaction failed for session 352 for node CP-ITS-DOMAPP01 (WinNT) - size
estimate exceeded and server is unable to obtain additional space in storage
pool NOTES_DPOOL.
The disk pool is not full, not even close. And let's make things clear up
front, NOTHING has changed on the client or server. I do see the client is
still at a lower level version of 3.1.0.7. I know this is not a supported
client, and I have told them to upgrade, obviously with no luck so far. The
server by the way is AIX 4.3.3 TSM 4.1.2.

Has anyone any experience with this. The disk pool is set to overflow to
tape when files are larger than 4GB. No tape mounts were noted. This has
worked fine since the server was brought online a few years ago.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC