ADSM-L

Re: URGENT: How to delete backupsets

2001-10-03 09:17:51
Subject: Re: URGENT: How to delete backupsets
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:12:24 -0400
This is an old post that I saved.  It still did not work for me but give it
a try.
I heard it was a bug that may be fixed in version 4.x???

I had a problem with this and searched the adsm.org and found
a tip (don't recall from whom - but thanks) to use wildcard
delete rather than name etc.

I did this:

 adsm> delete backupset * * begind=03/01/2001 endd=-14
 ANR2365I Backupset MACOS9.412.336789572 for node MACOS9.412 has been
deleted.

 adsm> q volh type=backupset
 ANR2034E QUERY VOLHISTORY: No match found using this criteria.
 ANS8001I Return code 11.

and it worked for me ... it may work for you (let's hope so).

Sheelagh
--
Sheelagh Treweek
Sheelagh Treweek

                    "Warren, Matthew
                    James"                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <matthewjames.warre        cc:
                    n AT EDS DOT COM>                 Subject:     Re: URGENT:
How to delete backupsets
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    10/03/2001 08:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hello,

No help I'm afraid, but I'm interested as we have 2 tapes that were used to
create a backupset as a test a long time ago, and Ive never been able to
free them up either.

Matt.