ADSM-L

TSM SERVER 4.2.x & CLIENT VERSION lt 3.7 on same HW ??

2001-10-03 05:14:10
Subject: TSM SERVER 4.2.x & CLIENT VERSION lt 3.7 on same HW ??
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:10:00 +0200
Hi to all,

we are planning to upgrade our ADSM 3.1.2.20 server to TSM 4.2.latest in
about 10 days.  ( RS/6000 AIX Environment )

On the ADSM Server we have also a CommonStore Server running with a rather
old level ( CS 1.6.2 ). This server connects over the api via shared memory
to the ADSM Server. It does not support api-levels greater than 3.

Is it possible to install a lower-leveled TSM Client on an higher leveled
TSM Server ( it *is* the same HW ). At least can a install a low level API
or do they ( Server & Client ) "share" the same api ??

Does anybody have expiriences with this ?

Thanks
herfried

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.