ADSM-L

performance question

2001-09-28 15:36:39
Subject: performance question
From: Rob Schroeder <robs AT FAMOUSFOOTWEAR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:33:27 -0500
I am running TSM client 3.7.2 on a Win2000 server with Service pack 2.  The
TSM server is Win2000 SP2 and using TSM 4.1.3.  I realize I need to upgrade
the client, but I that will not happen until next week.  My dilemma is
this: the server backs up to the TSM server directly to a DISK pool that is
quite large, the network is Gigabit, and this client is the only client
that is talking to the server.  There are no other applications running on
either server.  I would expect this baby to scream, but instead it is
dogging.  I am getting just 2 MB/sec throughput and would expect to be
pushing the network.  Here is the options file I am using:

LANG AMENG
tcpserveraddress fftsm01
changingretries 0
resourceutilization 10