ADSM-L

How can i make use of TSM Mirror copies

2001-09-28 07:50:30
Subject: How can i make use of TSM Mirror copies
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:47:25 +0800
Hi *SMers
Is it possible ?
Here is my TSM setup.

I have 2.5 gig DB and 3 gig log and 40 client running 1 tera of backup
daily.

I have created 2 mirror copies (ADSM Level) across VGs . That is one in
TSMVG and the other in ROOTVG. offcourse primary is in TSMVG.

now my TSM server is in bad state. My DB is corrupted and even LAB says its
very difficult to correct /repair the DB and all our dbbackups are
corrupted ones.

Idont have primary copy backup. only have a copy of mirror volumes in my
mksysb image, good old copy. (because i take rootvg backup every week using
mksysb)

When i change dsmserv.dsk entries to point only to mirror copies and run
'dsmserv' , it says reference not found and process interupts.

How can i make use of this copy to up my TSM server.

I need gurus help in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
regards
sree.