ADSM-L

Re: Semaphore Error

2001-09-27 15:50:40
Subject: Re: Semaphore Error
From: Richard Cowen <richard_cowen AT CNT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:43:33 -0500
If you know what you are doing, you can list the existing semaphores:

ipcs -s

You can then delete the ones you KNOW are orphans:

ipcrm -s

Please use the delete command very carefully.  If you delete a semaphore
that is actually in use, the consequences are "undetermined" but likely to
be of little use to the health of your system.