ADSM-L

Re: Monitor for ADSM - wish list

2001-09-25 16:02:18
Subject: Re: Monitor for ADSM - wish list
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:59:32 -5
Since converting from Legato to TSM, I find the ONLY thing I miss
is the really slick legato monitoring interface.  Oh how I
wish tsm had one, kind of like topas or monitor do for AIX.  I find
it tedious at best to try and piece together a picture of what
the server is doing from several tsm commands and os commands.

Wish List:

each tape drive listed with:
        - status: online, offline
        - drive name, current throughput (read/write) or activity
                (mounting,unmounting, etc)
        - process or session using the drive
each disk pool with:
        - processes or sessions currently accessing
        - % utilized
        - current throughput (read/write)
Log
        - % utilized
        - sessions or processes currently using
cpu utilization of the computer (user, sys, wio, id)
cpu utilization of the tsm instance
network interface
        - packets/s, throughput
outstanding messages

In other words, a simple glance would tell you the complete status
of the server, drives, pools, performance.

I can only wish . . . . .

Rick