ADSM-L

Win2K Security policies

2001-09-25 13:16:42
Subject: Win2K Security policies
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:13:59 -0600
Greetings,

Running TSM client 4.2.0.0

Win2K version 5.0.2195 Build 2195 allows PowerUser to perform manual
backups on all local files.

Win2K version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 1 Build 2195 (and higher) does not
allow it for certain files.  Response "ANS5174E required NT privilege not
held"

Tried giving user Backup Operator privilege.  Same failure.

If I exclude the WINNT sub-directory, manual backup is possible.

Can anyone tell me what security policy Tivoli uses to restrict the
PowerUser/Backup Operator from performing a complete manual backup?

I've tried giving Backup Operators a local setting to take ownership of
files and other objects, and that also fails.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

John Bremer