ADSM-L

Re: Emailing results of client backup and archives to contacts from OS/390 TSM server

2001-09-24 22:49:24
Subject: Re: Emailing results of client backup and archives to contacts from OS/390 TSM server
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:47:42 -0700
We currently have a procedure for that in place.  We have a script that
scans the event log and parses each line that has a missed, failed or
pending message to a file.  Using the file, we send an e-mail to each user
informing them their backup missed, failed or was pending at the time we
scanned the event log.  We use e-mail addresses in the contact field, and
use that to send an e-mail to whichever node has missed, failed or is
pending a successful backup.  If the backup/archive was successful, we don't
send them anything.  We're running on AIX 4.3.2, but I'm sure this could be
easily ported to OS390.  I can provide further information if you like.

Luke Dahl
NASA-Jet Propulsion Laboratory