ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SAP R/3 Disaster Recovery

2001-09-21 15:38:08
Subject: Re: TDP for SAP R/3 Disaster Recovery
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:16:22 -0500
This sounds like a permission problem. Brrestore creates this file and
backint gets the list of files to restore from it. Make sure that
/oracle/PR1/817_64/sapbackup is writeable by ora<sid> and/or group dba, and
that /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/backint (and backagent) are group dba, owner root,
with permissions 4775 (suid root).

Does the file get created? If so, the problem is in the permissions on
backint; if not, the problem is somewhere in the ownership or permissions on
the directories in the path.

Is this really the proper path? I've not seen a subdirectory under the sid
before, I would have expected the path to be /oracle/PR1/sapbackup.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc