ADSM-L

Re: Archive hangs and Poor Archive Performance at TSM 4.1.2 & 4.2

2001-09-21 14:17:27
Subject: Re: Archive hangs and Poor Archive Performance at TSM 4.1.2 & 4.2
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:18:03 -0400
>The answer we've received is move to TSM 4.2 using the filelist option.
>Filelist will combine numerous archives in one archive session so that the
>cleanup process is not invoked as much.
>
>We can't say we're happy about having to re-write something that use to work
>GREAT in release 3.1.06 and the ONLY thing changing is a release of the same
>product.

That's the kind of recommendation one usually gets only as a circumvention.
The performance problem is conspicuously real, and Tivoli should be providing
a fix for it, as the client software should never have gotten out in that
condition, given proper testing.  At a minimum there should be an advisory in
the client Readme file about the problem, but I see nothing there.  This is
not being handled well.

   Richard Sims, BU