ADSM-L

Archive hangs and Poor Archive Performance at TSM 4.1.2 & 4.2

2001-09-20 19:13:46
Subject: Archive hangs and Poor Archive Performance at TSM 4.1.2 & 4.2
From: b290 <bizzorg AT MEDIAONE DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:14:11 -0700
I'm trying to find out if anyone out there in TSM land has problems with
Archiving file after upgrading from ADSM 3.1.06 to TSM 4.1.2 & TSM 4.2.

There is an process using macros to build DSMC archive statements to archive
files.  At ADSM 3.1.06 it ran fine with sub-second response time.  Now that
TSM 4.anything is installed the best response time we've seen is 3 seconds,
the worst is 41 seconds.  To make matters worse, Archives hang in idle wait
for no apparent reason.  We've tried to trace this, but when trace is on,
archive stop hanging in idle wait.  It's a problem determination nightmare.

The response from IBM is to use the TSM 4.2 with the filelist option and we
are working hard to implement this.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on what we might do to improve performance while
our EDI techie re-write the process to implement the filelist option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This issue has been outstanding for
a month now.