ADSM-L

define drives scsi-connect from Library Client

2001-09-19 13:29:55
Subject: define drives scsi-connect from Library Client
From: Fabio Di Ciommo <fabio.diciommo.eds AT TESORO DOT IT>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:27:23 +0200
Hi everyone,

I have a library tape sharing enviroment, without SAN, with Library
Manager and one Library Client.
When I try to define drives in Library Client SCSI-connect, i receive
the following error:
ANR8414E DEFINE DRIVE: Drive Drivename is not defined in library
SharedLib.

The command is:
DEFINE DRIVE SharedLib Drivename DEVICE=/DEV/RMT/1MT ( Without element
address ).
I'm using TSM rel.4.2.0 on both Server.
Are you experienced about this problem or the command that I type isn't
correct ?

Thanks,
Fabio