ADSM-L

OLD Client Compatability with new TSM server

2001-09-18 20:21:41
Subject: OLD Client Compatability with new TSM server
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:30:20 -0700
       I have 2 customers that have finally gotten around to upgrading their
servers from ADSM to TSM. The first customer is at ADSM for AIX V2, and is
going to TSM for AIX V4.1 or V4.2. We are planning on upgrading all clients
eventually to V4.x, but we need to find out if we have to do this
IMMEDIATELY or if we can just gradually upgrade them a few at a time. Just
how compatible is a V2 client with a V4 server?
       The second customer still has a few HP-UX V10.20 machines and is
installing 4.2. The last client that was written for HP-UX V10.20 was ADSM
3.1.0.8.  Will this ADSM client level work with an TSM 4.2 server?

       I understand the support issue - this will not be a supported
configuration until all clients are at a supported level of TSM. I just
want to know if it will work or not until I can get all clients upgraded to
a supported level.
Money is not the root of all evil - full backups are.