ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Large Files

2001-09-18 01:11:17
Subject: Re: Restoring Large Files
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:11:38 -0500
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:52:57 -0500, it was written:
>I have a single file I need to restore.  It is a .bkf file froma winnt
>backup.  It is 178g.  The restore runs at about 20g an hour until it
>reaches about 60 or 70 gig.  It then slow to 1g per hour.  It will
>finish in about 28 hours, but the Winnt restore can't restore it.  Does
>anyone have any experience restoreing a large file with tsm?  No
>comments about restoreing a nt backup please.

(Why are you backing up a Windows backup file? Why not just use TSM to
backup your original files?)

A thought here...

NT has a file size limit of (I think) somewhere in the 190 GB range.
You might be butting head awfully close to that wall.

The only cure I know of is to move to Win2K.