ADSM-L

Re: BIG RESTORE

2001-09-16 17:07:06
Subject: Re: BIG RESTORE
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:09:26 +0300
Robert,

Do you have compatible storage devices on TSM server and the fileserver
(i.e. DLT library on TSM server and DLT drive on the file server, or DDS-3
on TSM and DDS-4 on FS) ?
If yes you can create a backupset and perform LAN-free restore. This might
be even faster than to overload your TR LAN.
This can also be done if you can temporarily attach an external drive to
the fileserver you want to restore

Zlatko Krastev
IT consultant

Robert Fijan <robert.fijan AT LVA-WUERTTEMBERG DOT DE> on 14.09.2001 13:50:28