ADSM-L

Ultrium tape tabs

2001-09-16 01:45:46
Subject: Ultrium tape tabs
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:46:46 +1200
I've had several incidents where LTO Ultrium tabs slide to the write-protect
side
while inside a library (we have a 3584 library, which has a fast robot).
The last one I examined the tape and it wasn't firmly switched.

It's not a major but the last couple of incidents caused a node backup failure
as
there was no more scratch tapes and the other filling volumes were occupied (had
to run a listener script to detect this when it happens).

It's happened to IBM and HP branded tapes.

Anyone have the same things happen with Ultriums?

Suad