ADSM-L

Re: P2000 questions

2001-09-14 13:16:06
Subject: Re: P2000 questions
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:15:40 -0400
Hi Paul,

We have a P3000, which is basically the same architecture as a P2000, I
think.  Do they mean the tapes are coming out with the write protect tab
moved?  I can't imagine how that could happen... I know there is no
mechanism in the P3000 that can do that!  If they mean that the tapes are
being set to read-only mode in TSM, there are several conditions that can
cause that to happen, probably the most common are read or write errors.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    "Coviello,
                    Paul"
                    <PCoviello@CM To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    C-NH.ORG>     cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                  Subject:
                    09/14/01             P2000 questions
                    08:39 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi, we have a ATL P2000 with 4 DLT tape drives.  the operators are telling
me that some of the tapes are coming out write protected!  Does anyone know
if this is possible and if so why?

thanks
Paul

Paul J Coviello