ADSM-L

Valid bar code labels used by TSM

2001-09-14 12:32:13
Subject: Valid bar code labels used by TSM
From: Juergen Heinrich <jheinrich AT VERDI-AG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:23:04 +0100
We are using a ADIC 100 Scalar Library in our TSM environment.
The TSM Server is at level 4.1.4 and the OS is Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5

The Library PDF documentation says that the library can handle bar code 39 only.
Regarding to this we have prepared labels for our tapes with a dash in the label
name.
So the label look like "EF-001"
The TSM Server says that the labels cannot be read.
We have looked in the TSM documentation and have not found any restriction
regarding
dash as a symbol in a label name

Does anyone can help?

Sincerly