ADSM-L

Re: SQL Restore Problem. Please HELP!!!

2001-09-12 16:56:15
Subject: Re: SQL Restore Problem. Please HELP!!!
From: William Degli-Angeli <billybob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:57:28 -0400
I highly recommend contacting Tivoli support....In the mean time, you
should
run a trace of the restore (/TRACEFILE=someFileName, /TRACEFLAGS=ALL,API)
in order to determine which SQL api call you are hanging on...As this will
be needed by
tivoli support....

You should also look at the SQL log and the Windows Event viewer for any
other
indications as to what the problem is....

    Thanks,
        Bill

William Degli-Angeli
IGS TDP Development
Endicott, NY
(607) 752-6749
TieLine: 852-6749
Internet: BillyBob AT US.IBM DOT Com

                    Jacques Butcher
                    <jacques@MAXTEC-       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    GROUP.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     SQL Restore Problem.
Please HELP!!!
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    09/12/2001 16:37
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

We are trying to restore a 17GB database by using the TDP agent for SQL
version 1.1.2.  During the restore process the TDP agent connets to the SQL
server, then the TSM server, then onto the SQL server again after which we
get the message "Waiting for SQL Server".  Looking on the TSM server the
client session times out after reaching it's timeout threshold.  Looking on
the SQL server the daabase and transaction log files grow.  The restore
however doesn't continue and gets stuck on "Waiting for SQL Server".

We are in desperate need of any help and any help will be greatly
appreciated.