ADSM-L

large client multi-streamed backups

2001-09-10 20:24:43
Subject: large client multi-streamed backups
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT WELLSFARGO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 19:25:33 -0500
We are converting our Netbackup clients to TSM. Some of these clients are
large DB2 and Oracle clients with tight processing windows. Most of these
clients have chosen not to use TDP or SQL Backtrack. The solution in
Netbackup was to spread their workloads across several backup classes that
ran concurrently.
Can TSM clients be setup to multi-stream their backups in similar fashion?
Unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing where TSM has the kind of
granularity that allows a client node to be setup to run its backups in
several concurrent sessions, where each session backs up its own
pre-determined set of files.
Any advice on this, or where I might find a solution?
Thanks, in advance.

Peter Glass
Distributed Storage Management (DSM)
Wells Fargo Services Company