ADSM-L

Re: data backup via network

2001-09-10 17:51:15
Subject: Re: data backup via network
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:53:04 +0300
IMHO, Server-to-Server gives more flexibility and is what he/she (sorry I
cannot guess) is asking for.
If there is SAN it does not fit in the requirement (TCP/IP) and limits the
distance ;-)

Look at the following commands:
DEFine SERver
DEFine DEVclass DEVType=SERVER
DEFine STGpool

Because server-to-server virtual volumes can be used for both primary and
copy pools I think you do not need DRM license. Sorry I am too tired today
and will not look at the docs to prove this. And virtual volumes are not
disk ones - they are sequential ones on the local server and whatever you
choose on the remote disk, tape, file (maybe even again virtual volumes BUT
please do not cite me :-)).
Of course at least the remote server has to be licensed.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

---------------------- Forwarded by Zlatko Krastev/ACIT on 10.09.2001 23:56
on a second though you cannot create disk copy-storage-pools.
on a second though you cannot create disk copy-storage-pools.

Sorry stree, you need to have another Server to do this