ADSM-L

Re: Unable to fix tape volume problem on OS/390 server

2001-09-10 16:34:13
Subject: Re: Unable to fix tape volume problem on OS/390 server
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:34:47 -0400
This is what I do to get rid of the empty tapes that won't go away on my
AIX server with a 3494 library.  It works everytime.  You may be able to do
something similar.

upd vol xxxxxx acc=readw
checkin libvol 3494lib xxxxxx status=private devtype=3590
audit vol xxxxxx fix=yes
checkout libvol 3494lib xxxxxx remove=no
move media xxxxx stgpool=tapeback wherestate=mountablenotinlib wherestatus=empty
checkin libvol 3494lib xxxxxx status=scratch devtype=3590

Eliza Lau
Virginia Tech Computing Center
1700 Pratt Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060