ADSM-L

Re: quick question on amt. of data backedup daily.

2001-09-10 08:35:42
Subject: Re: quick question on amt. of data backedup daily.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:36:35 -0400
>Thanks richard sims,
>i have one more doubt here.I run incremental backup daily . i have 80
>clients backingup their file systems and DB2 databases. when i take
>accounting records in consideration and sum all rows (20th column) , it
>shows around 153gb. I understand 153GB is backedup to adsm storage pool
>daily. Is this is correct.
>regards
>sree.

Sree - Almost.  The 20th field of the accounting record is Session KB:
       Amount of data, in kilobytes, communicated between the client node and
the server, in both directions, during the session, including session overhead
data as well as storage pool data. The number corresponds to message ANE4961I
total bytes transferred.

Field 17 is the pure backup data value.

  Richard Sims, BU