ADSM-L

Re: ESS and Flashcopy for backups

2001-09-07 13:37:45
Subject: Re: ESS and Flashcopy for backups
From: Kavita Shah <kashah AT US.TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:23:52 -0400
Hi Bill,

If you are trying to backup an Oracle database that resides on an ESS [to
TSM] using flashcopy, then you may want to consider using a product that
does this for you. It is called TDP for ESS for Oracle, is available on
AIX, and takes care of the Oracle/ESS/AIX/TSM steps for you. This is a
product that GAed in the first quarter of this year. Regards

Kavita Shah
IBM Corporation
----- Message from William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET> on Thu, 6 Sep 2001
15:26:04 -0400 -----
15:26:04 -0400 -----
Subject:
ESS and Flashcopy for backups
Anyone out there using Flashcopy on an ESS for backups?

If so, could you contact me offline about your procedures? I'm at
mailto:wboyer AT ptd DOT net

Bill Boyer