ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli vs Arcserve 2000

2001-09-06 13:21:09
Subject: Re: Tivoli vs Arcserve 2000
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:24:15 -0400
I'll second everyone on their comments about ArcServe and add that their
Exchange agent is terrible.  On Exchange 5.5, we had many instances of
backup failures and even worse, corrupt backups that were reported in the
backup log as being good.  Also their message level backup is kludgy, slow,
and it does not use Microsoft APIs.  We've been real happy with the TSM
agents.

James Louie
Philip Morris

"The information in this email, and in any attachments,
may contain confidential information and is intended
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).
It must not be disclosed to any person without authorization.
If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to, and must not, disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this
message or any part of it."