ADSM-L

3575 Tape Library

2001-09-06 12:00:08
Subject: 3575 Tape Library
From: "Schilling, Walt" <Walt.Schilling AT AVISTACORP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:01:17 -0700
Using the "Data Recovery Manager" and the "DRM Offsite Recovery Media". When
moving "Mountable" tapes to "Not Mountable" in two 3575 Tape Libraries that
are each hooked up to one NT 4 server running version 3.1 2.90, the tapes
are not automatically filling the top two slots and then automatically
filling the bottom I/O slots. It is just filling the fist I/O slot on top
and then quits. The next tape due to come out is actually ejected from the
drive but the arm that grabs the tape just sits there in front of the tape.
This started to happen when TSM support had me upgrade to Level 2.90. I have
checked the configuration on each tape library to make sure that the I/O
Slots were set to "2+14" and they were. Everything else in the tape library
is working fine. When I add scratch tapes I can use all 16 I/O slots and it
will find them and check them into the library. Just wondering if anyone
else has encountered this problem with getting tapes out of a 3575 Tape
Library.

Thanks for any help on this.

Walt Schilling