ADSM-L

How much memory for a 50GB TSM database?

2001-09-06 01:23:39
Subject: How much memory for a 50GB TSM database?
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:02:18 +1000
Would anyone care to suggest how much memory would be appropriate for a 50
GB database?
I have a TSM 3.7 server on AIX 4.3. It currently has 1GB memory and 1.5GB
paging space. Performance is often perceptibly poor, especially during
database backups and migrations - vmstat shows a good deal of paging.

If you have an effective system with a similarly sized database then I'd be
interested in hearing how much memory you have. (And I know "the more
memory the better" - what I'm looking for is something more specific!).

Thanks,

Eric Winters