ADSM-L

Does IBM 2108-R03 support IBM 7337-306?

2001-09-05 06:31:18
Subject: Does IBM 2108-R03 support IBM 7337-306?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:32:47 +0300
Hello all,

does anybody know is DLT7000 library 7337-306 (HVD SCSI) supported by SAN
Router 2108-R03 (FC -> LVD/HVD SCSI)?
In the official IBM announcement the router supports only Ultrium LTO
drives. IBM claims that the new 7337-360 is also supported but nothing
about old libs. I've found very deeply hidden statement that the router now
supports 7337-305/306 libraries
(http://www.hm.avnet.com/cz/ibm/storagesell/c_8.asp). Later I've found the
same article in IBM Intranet. But that was all. Official answer from IBM
Techline is: "This is not a supported configuration".

Our customer does have the library SCSI connected to TSM server but he asks
to share the library to other SAN-attached servers through SAN switch.
If 2108-R03 is not the right one is there any other FC -> HVD SCSI product
on the market which can support this library (for example Chaparral FS1310
Router) ?
Or at least did somebody shared its SCSI library over FC SAN (not
differential SCSI SAN) ?

Thank you in advance.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant