ADSM-L

Re: examined Vs backed up Vs changed

2001-09-03 08:39:09
Subject: Re: examined Vs backed up Vs changed
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:40:10 -0400
Pothula,

There is a table called SUMMARY which stores a record for each session and
process, for 30 days (by default).  It has two fileds, EXAMINED and
AFFECTED, which are supposed to supply the information you need.  You
summarize it like this:

     SELECT SUM(EXAMINED),SUM(AFFECTED) FROM SUMMARY WHERE DATE(START_TIME)
='09/01/2001'

That's the good news.  The bad news is that the examined column is not
correct... it is the same as affected :(   It was like this at the 3.7.3
level, and I was hoping it would be fixed, but I just upgraded to 4.1.4.1
last week, and it still is broken.  I guess it's time to open another PMR.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    Pothula S
                    Paparao
                    <9pothula@SG. To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    IBM.COM>      cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                  Subject:
                    09/03/01             examined Vs backed up Vs changed
                    04:16 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi TSM gurus,
Here is an exercise ...
how do i know   how many files examined ,how many files actually backed up
and how many files changed daily in my library(consolidated) using a select
statement.
I have a 3575 setup. i have tremendous data growth. Answer to the above
query really helps me alot for certain stat. analysis.

THanks in advance.
regards
sree.