ADSM-L

Re: Floating Client License Period

2001-08-31 17:56:43
Subject: Re: Floating Client License Period
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:57:36 -0700
Yes  the 3466 comes with 5001 clients.

BUT that being said, it should be noted that the 3466's
IBM configures and supplies could never handle 5000 clients
unless the clients are very small with little changes.
As opposed to large and many chaning files clients

Also pricing of extra (non-tape-media) equipment has this factored in as
well.  (disks, cpus, etc)

... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio, Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
 Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joe.f AT racchio DOT net