ADSM-L

Re: RMAN with TSM anyone ?

2001-08-30 10:19:15
Subject: Re: RMAN with TSM anyone ?
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:19:26 +0200
Hi, we saw that the "ENV" directive within the rman script is very
important, we are running a little bit older versions but mayby this still
helps :

Here is a example how I do a full backup:

--------------------------------------------------------- SHELL SCRIPT (
COMMANDLINE)  BEGIN
COMMANDLINE)  BEGIN
rman target internal/passwd@TARGET rcvcat rman/passwd@RMANDB cmdfile
rman target internal/passwd@TARGET rcvcat rman/passwd@RMANDB cmdfile
Filename_of_RMANSCRIPT

--------------------------------------------------------- SHELL SCRIPT END
----------------------------------------------------------- RMAN SCRIPT
----------------------------------------------------------- RMAN SCRIPT
BEGIN
BEGIN
run
run
{
allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt,
 DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1024, DSMO_NODE=EURO, DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin,
DSMO_AVG_SIZE=5, DSMO_FS=adsmeuro)';

sql 'alter system archive log current';

backup
     incremental level =0
     format 'full_%s_%p_%d_%t'
     (database include current controlfile);
release channel t1;

allocate channel t3 type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(DSMI_ORC_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=1024,
DSMO_NODE=EURO,
DSMO_PSWDPATH=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin, DSMO_AVG_SIZE=5, DSMO_FS=adsmeuro)';

backup
     format 'archlog_%s_%p_%d_%t'
     (archivelog all filesperset = 100 delete input);
release channel t3;
}
Hope this helps
Hope this helps