ADSM-L

CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?

2001-08-30 06:19:42
Subject: CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?
From: Eugene Awyong - Singapore <eawyong AT SAPL.SAMSUNG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:23:13 +0800
Hi,

        I seem to have a problem with some of my 'copystoragepool' tapes.
Whenever i check out these tapes, I update the volumes as access=offsite,
but it seems that when the original tape expires, they do not. See below for
an example. SA2_006 already has 0.0% Pct Util and has a volume status of
'Empty' but when I tried to check the tape in a scratch volume, TSM does not
allow me to do it. Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm out of scratch volumes
already. Not a good thing. :-(

Thanks in Advance.

Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
Pct      Volume
                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Util      Status
                                                                 (MB)

------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
-----     --------
-----     --------
SA2_001                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       107,040.1
SA2_001                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       107,040.1
100.0     Filling
                              OOL

SA2_002                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       232,740.9
100.0       Full
                              OOL

SA2_003                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2        54,843.9
37.6     Filling
                              OOL

SA2_004                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       194,074.3
100.0       Full
                              OOL

SA2_005                      DAILYPOOL       LTO_DEV1       247,601.2
0.1       Full
SA2_006                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2             0.0
0.0      Empty
                              OOL