ADSM-L

Disappearing Tapes

2001-08-29 22:42:51
Subject: Disappearing Tapes
From: Kelli Jones <JONESK AT CO.CHESTERFIELD.VA DOT US>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:26:39 -0400
We conducted an audit on our off site tapes today and found that while all of
the tapes in Vault status were at the storage facility, there were many tapes
there (physically) that were not on our list and therefore, not in vault
status.   When we query these tapes in the system there is 'No match found'.
We have very good checks and balances with the vendor...all tapes are verified
coming in and going out so it appears as if the tapes have just disappeared
from TSM.  Any ideas?

Kelli Jones
jonesk AT co.chesterfield.va DOT us
Chesterfield County, VA