ADSM-L

Re: How would I archive given the following setup?

2001-08-29 11:51:51
Subject: Re: How would I archive given the following setup?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:52:18 -0500
Yanki,

"I have thought of this but just wondering if it will stop execution if a
file space does not exist."

Yes, in my archiving experience with *SM it will do just that.  The
workaround is to place the "iffy" file spaces at the end of the list.  You
will still get a "failed" archive job, but when you examine the logs you'll
see that the files from the drives at the start of the list were archived
successfully.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation