ADSM-L

Re: Your response to my LTO tape questions.

2001-08-28 21:22:12
Subject: Re: Your response to my LTO tape questions.
From: Joerg Pohlmann/CanWest/IBM <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:16:45 -0700
Jim, I have seen this before, even on TSM 4.2 and I don't know under what
circumstances this < 100% statistic arises. I believe it to be an error.

I have not experienced the SCSI error referred to by Steve Bennett in his
posting on LTO tapes (reclamation processing of these large tapes worked
fine). The APAR  that covers his problems specifically refers to 8mm
Mammoth 2 tapes where more than 268GB is written. Perhaps someone from
development can comment further if the APAR applies to other device types.

Joerg Pohlmann

"Jim Taylor" <jtaylor AT enlogix DOT com> on 2001-08-28 16:32:42

Please respond to "Jim Taylor" <jtaylor AT enlogix DOT com>