ADSM-L

Re: Question about Maxscratch (Collocate/No Collocate)

2001-08-28 08:46:17
Subject: Re: Question about Maxscratch (Collocate/No Collocate)
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:32:18 -0400
Quote from the admin guide (Managing Storage Pools and Volumes):

When collocation at the client node level is enabled for a storage
pool (COLLOCATION=YES) and a client node backs up, archives,
or migrates files to the storage pool, the server attempts to select a
volume using the following selection order:
1. A volume that already contains files from the same client node
2. An empty predefined volume
3. An empty scratch volume
4. A volume with the most available free space among volumes that
already contain data

So - you're almost right - but Node 5 will pick the emptiest volume, not
necessarily Tape1.
Hope this helps.