ADSM-L

Antw: Turning off migration and reclamation

2001-08-28 01:51:50
Subject: Antw: Turning off migration and reclamation
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:52:19 +0100
Hi Nancy,

as far as I know there is no other way to do this.

Wolfgang

>>> "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU> 27.08.01 21:47:41 >>>
All,

I am new to TSM.  In the OS/390 Administrator's Guide, it recommends
that you turn off migration and reclamation while you backup the
database.  Is there any other way to do this besides setting the HIGHMIG
and RECLAIM parameters on each storage pool to 100 and then resetting
them back to the original percentages after the backup is done?

Thanks,

Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming
IBM Systems Group