ADSM-L

Re: Cancelling Backup Storage Pool?

2001-08-27 07:32:20
Subject: Re: Cancelling Backup Storage Pool?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:33:11 -0400
>I have these 2 tapes which TSM have been
>trying to do a copy of the primary tapes, but the primary tape has been
>brought to an off-site location.

Gene - First off, a TSM rule is that only Copy Storage Pool tapes should
       go offsite, not Primary tapes.
I presume you don't have Copy Storage Pool tapes onsite either, which
would allow you to do a volume restoral to recreate the onsite tape
and permit your Backup Stgpool operations to proceed.
And you don't want to do a Delete Volume Discarddata=Yes, unless you are
certain that all the data is still on the client and would be backed up
again in the next Incremental.
The upshot is that you need to get those Primary tapes back onsite.

   Richard Sims, BU