ADSM-L

migration is stopping prematurely.

2001-08-25 15:01:02
Subject: migration is stopping prematurely.
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:02:22 -0700
Hi Guys!

I've been studying my newly upgraded TSM (3.7.2 to 4.1.3)
and noticed an anomoly that is different.  And wondering if
its B.A.D. or a bug that needs fixing.

If I have a DISKPOOL at  86% migratable and I change the
hi/low settings from 100/99 to 85/70  a migration proceess
(or two) kicks off.   No surprise there.

If I do nothing else it will migrate to 70% migratable
give or take a percentage point.  Right?  No surprise there.

If I change the settings back to 100/99 it will do the largest
users (be it 1,2,3...10 percent off) and then stop. As expected.

Here's the B.A.D./bug:

If I change the HI parm to 100 but leave the low at 70
it stops almost immediately.  Even if the percentage is at some
number greater than the low number (in this case 70)
In other words its act like I changed it to 100/99!!!!
Up to 3.7.2 the logic has always been observed in migrating
down to the low number regardless of the hi setting. But now????

Has anyone else seen this?  When did it change behaviour?
Is it a bug or a 'new design feature'??

thanks!    ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu